Call to Artists
15th Annual Emerald Spring Painting Exhibition 2020
Emerald Art Center
500 Main St
Springfield, OR 97477
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 4/15/20
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 4
Entry Fee (15th Annual Emerald Spring Painting Exhibition 2020): $40.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum):$5.00
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED JUROR - LYNDA HOFFMAN-SNODGRASS
Award winning artist Lynda Hoffman-Snodgrass has worked in the medium of watercolor for over 40 years. A third generation artist who learned much about painting watercolor from her mother, Elaine Hoffman, Lynda received a degree in Art from Southern Oregon State College in 1978. She is a signature member of the Watercolor Society of Oregon, a past President, lifetime member and the 2014 recipient of the Watercolor Society of Oregon's Service Award.
Lynda is a signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society, a lifetime member of the International Society of Experimental Artists and an associate member of the American and National Watercolor Societies. For many years, Lynda has judged art exhibitions, presented lectures, demonstrations, taught workshops, private classes and has critiqued for art organizations as well as individuals. Her paintings hang in collections throughout the United States and around the world. You can visit her website at
Qualifying media include: oil, watercolor, acrylic, encaustic or pastel - or a combination thereof. If painting is two or more mediums, it is considered mixed media and a statement of execution must be provided.
•Excluded from this painting competition are the following: drawings, photography, digitally or computer enhanced work, hand-pulled prints, giclees and reproduction prints.
(Note: We hold a juried photography show in September, Photography at the Emerald)
ENTRY DEADLINE: Extended to Wednesday, April 15, 2020
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
NOTIFICATION TO ARTISTS: will be via email no later than April 27
SHIPPED ARTWORK: must be received no later than May 29 to be included in this show.
Ship accepted artwork to: EMERALD ART CENTER, 500 Main St, Springfield, Oregon 97477
HAND DELIVERED ARTWORK of Accepted Works: Fri May 29 or Sat May 30
Deliver artwork directly to the Gallery:
EMERALD ART CENTER, 500 Main St, Springfield, Oregon, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Artist's Reception & Critique: Saturday Evening, June 6, 5:30 - 8 pm
Exhibition Dates: June 2 through June 26
Return of artwork:
Pickup from Gallery, Saturday, June 27
Shipped from Gallery June 30 through July 2
CASH PRIZES AND AWARDS:
$1500 Best of Show
$1000 Gold Medal
$700 Silver Medal
$500 Bronze Medal
$300 Award of Distinction
$250 People's Choice Award
$200 Founder's Award
In addition to various Merit and Recognition Awards to be announced.
1. This is a juried painting competition open to all artists, 18 years or older.
2. All artwork shall be no larger than 42" in any direction (42"X 42") including frame.
3. Diptychs & triptychs must be contained in one frame that meets size requirements.
4. All entries are presented to the juror in an anonymous manner.
5. Accepted works may not be removed before the conclusion of the exhibition.
Accepted artwork must be shipped ‘installation ready’. All work must be framed with wire hangers - no sawtooth hangers. Orientation or installation instructions and specialized hardware should be included with the work. For any artwork that requires non-standard set up, please include detailed unpacking, hanging, or re-packing instructions.
1. Online CAFE entry due on April 15, 2020. POSTAL ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2. The non-refundable entry is: 2 images for $40, 3 images for $45 and 4 images $50. Each entry must be paid in full. (You may enter just one entry if desired at $40 - the second image requirement can be a detail view.) Note: If entering only one image, the image must be duplicated for the second image.
3. A handling fee will no longer be assessed due to high shipped costs,
4. Artists may submit up to four images per entry but only one entry per artist will be included in the exhibition as selected by juror.
5. Artists whose work is accepted, will receive shipping instructions via email. All shipments must include a prepaid return shipping label (or email return label at the conclusion of the show) and be shipped in a container appropriate for re-use in return shipping. Please, no styrofoam peanuts in packaging.
6. Accepted work which differs significantly from the image provided will be rejected.
7. Paintings must be for sale. Emerald Art Center retains 35% commission.
8. No price change may be made after entries are accepted.
Artwork and entry materials will be handled with all possible care while in the possession of the Emerald Art Center. Emerald Art Center is not responsible for artwork while in transit. Artists must carry their own insurance if desired. Artists are responsible for round-trip shipping and insurance of artwork.